Omane Boamah explains Mahama’s decision not to go to Supreme Court after 2024 polls

The Director of Elections and IT for the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Dr Edaward Omane Boamah has provided insights into why the party’s flagbearer, former President John Dramani Mahama, has chosen not to seek legal redress in the Supreme Court following the outcome of the upcoming December 7, 2024 elections, should there be a dispute.
Speaking on the matter, the NDC official posed a rhetorical question to emphasise the party’s decision, saying, “Do you need any more reasons why President John Dramani Mahama says he’s not going to court after the December 7 elections?”
Reacting to the Supreme Court's decision to stay the ruling of the Speaker of Parliament on the declaration of the seats of four Members of Parliament vacant for switching allegiance.
The MPs affected by the Speaker's ruling are Cynthia Morrison (Agona West), Kwadjo Asante (Suhum), Andrew Amoako Asiamah (Fomena), and Peter Kwakye Ackah (Amenfi Central).
Dr Omane Boamah assigned these reasons for Mahama's decision in a Facebook post on Friday, October 18, 2024, after the Supreme Court led by Justice Gertrude Araba Esaaba Sackey Torkornoo delivered a verdict on the Speaker's ruling.
This statement reflects the NDC’s current position in the lead-up to the elections.
Mr Mahama, who previously contested the 2020 election results through a Supreme Court petition, appears to be taking a different approach this time.
Although the party’s director did not provide further details, his query hints at a deeper skepticism within the NDC regarding the effectiveness of legal challenges in resolving electoral disputes.
The NDC’s decision not to engage in a potential post-election court battle is expected to shape the party’s strategy in the 2024 elections, as Mr Mahama and his team focus on securing a clear electoral mandate at the polls, he said.
Source: Classfmonline.com/Cecil Mensah
Trending News
Gov’t to terminate and re-award Pwalugu dam contract – Agric Minister
10:35Youth unemployment remains alarming despite decline in overall joblessness – GSS
18:01Vice President Opoku-Agyemang pays historic visit to Ministry of Health
13:39Akwatia NDC executives call for unity ahead of September 2 by-election
07:15We need a leader who unites and not divides - Bawumia to NPP
14:02Gov’t moves to revoke mining regulations to bolster fight against galamsey
08:02BOST holds 2025 annual general meeting
15:42A/R: Fire destroys hundreds of shops at Suame-Anomagye market
13:06Razak Kojo Opoku: NPP never rejected Prof. Adu Boahen on tribal or religious grounds
07:04Police arrest man with pump action gun and cartridges at Akwatia
13:51