Police decentralise criminal clearance services to all regional commands
As part of the Ghana Police Service’s transformational agenda to improve the delivery of policing services to the public, the Police Service has announced that it has decentralised criminal clearance services in the country as a first step towards a full automation process.
Effective Monday, 22nd May, 2023, persons seeking criminal clearance can do so in any of the 25 Police regions across the country.
Currently, all criminal background checks are conducted exclusively at the CID Headquarters, Accra, and individuals and organisations who require this service have to travel all the way to Accra just for this purpose.
In order to ease this burden, the criminal clearance service has been decentralised to all the 25 Police Regions across the country and the service can now be accessed from these locations without the need to come to Accra.
Currently, the Ghana Police Service has 25 Police Regional Commands across the country where this service can be accessed.
• Ahafo Regional Police Command - Goaso
• Bono Regional Police Command - Sunyani
• Bono East Regional Police Command -Techiman
• Ashanti Regional Police Command - Kumasi
• Ashanti South Regional Police Command - Bekwai
• Ashanti North Regional Police Command - Mampong
• Tema Regional Police Command - Tema
• Central Regional Police Command - Cape Coast
• Central East Regional Police Command - Kasoa
• Central North Regional Police Command - Assin Fosu
• Eastern Regional Police Command - Koforidua
• Eastern South Regional Police Command - Kibi
• Eastern North Regional Police Command - Mpraeso
• Northern Regional Police Command -Tamale
• North-East Regional Command - Nalerigu
• Savanah Regional Police Command - Damango
• Upper East Regional Police Command - Bolga
• Upper West Regional Police Command - Wa
• Volta Regional Police Command - Ho
• Volta North Regional Police Command - Hohoe
• Oti Regional Police Command - Dambai
• Western Regional Police Command -Takoradi
• Western Central Regional Police Command - Tarkwa
• Western North Regional Police Command - Sewi Wiawso
• Accra Regional Police Command - Nima Police Station
The decentralisation of the criminal clearance process according to the Police service is expected to make the service more accessible and convenient for individuals across the country, thereby, bringing another policing service closer to the doorstep of the public.
The service continues to urge the public to support it in its effort to become the best institution in the country and a reference point for Africa and beyond.
A/R: Jurors strike over unpaid allawa11:20
Only $22.07m of $58.14m illegally drawn taxpayer funds sunk into 'Akufo-Addo Cathedral' – Ablakwa says request for $100m to buy steel 'outrageous'11:13
NABCO trainees to demonstrate against NPP at Assin North ahead of by-election13:42
World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control12:54
Tell us how you used JM’s ₵40 T&T support – Volta Reg NDC to Ho West constituency chairman10:46
Fire sweeps through Madina-Ritz Junction again09:28
Kumawu: Contractor working on roads still at post – NPP13:27
C/R: Scores of NDC supporters, residents of Assin North keep vigil in solidarity with James Gyakye Quayson10:26
V/R: Keta NDC to hold Unity walk June 310:45
Menstrual Hygiene Day 2023: Social Watch Africa heightens efforts to eradicate period stigma09:46