Saturday, 13 April

Let’s probe alleged sale of govt’s stake in Vodafone Ghana – Haruna Iddrisu

Technology
Vodafone Ghana

Member of Parliament (MP) for Tamale South, Haruna Iddrisu, has called for an investigation into the reported sale of the government's 30 per cent stake in telecommunication company, Vodafone Ghana.

In February of this year, Vodafone Ghana announced the sale of its 70 per cent stake to Telecel, leaving the remaining 30 per cent of the business under state ownership, which was approved by the state in January.

Speaking in Parliament, the Tamale Central MP requested that the Minister of Communication, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful, be scheduled to appear before Parliament to brief the House on the subject.

The Tamale Central MP, further urged the Ministry of Communication to clarify whether these allegations mean the government is relinquishing its stake in Vodafone.

Source: classfmonline.com